The Tastemakers: Recipes and Holiday Recommendations From Food Experts
Aileen Lalor / November 23, 2020
When it comes to food, my favorite way to get recommendations is to ask people I know and trust. Whether it’s a friend who can tell me the best place for dim sum in their city, or an uncle’s foolproof turkey recipe, I rely on the experts.
Imagine if your expert contacts included cookbook authors, food editors and other culinary professionals. They do now, thanks to Flipboard’s new “Tastemakers” series. Since we’re kicking things off at the start of the festive season, we’ve asked the first 19 esteemed Tastemakers to share their tried-and-tested holiday recipes, cooking and entertaining tips, as well as meaningful ways to celebrate, even though this year will look so different for many of us compared to years past.
Our hope is that these Tastemakers inspire you to get in the kitchen to whip up some new holiday memories and help you think of new ways to connect and celebrate with those you care about most. And if you like their recipes and recommendations – tell your friends!
Explore their delicious holiday collections:
- Mark Bittman, cookbook author and Editor-in-Chief at Heated
- Maurizio Leo, creator of The Perfect Loaf and Food52’s Resident Bread Baker
- Meryl Feinstein, founder of Pasta Social Club and Food52’s Resident Pasta Maker
- Julia Bainbridge, cookbook author and creator of The Lonely Hour podcast
- Kim-Joy, cookbook author and contestant on The Great British Bake Off
- Erin Jeanne McDowell, cookbook author and food writer
- Jenn Louis, cookbook author and chef
- Yasmin Fahr, cookbook author and food writer
- Jesse Szewczyk, cookbook author and food writer
- Kristen Miglore, Food52 founding editor and creative director of Genius Recipes
- Kat Kinsman, Senior Editor at Food & Wine
- Justin Chapple, Culinary Editor at Food & Wine
- Katherine Gillen, Food Editor at Purewow
- Lisa Kaminski, Associate Editor at Taste of Home
- Sarah Farmer, Executive Culinary Director at Taste of Home
- Christine Gallary, Food Editor-at-Large at The Kitchn
- Meghan Splawn, Food Editor at The Kitchn
- Grace Elkus, Deputy Food Director at The Kitchn
- Amelia Rampe, Studio Food Editor at The Kitchn
From the Flipboard table to yours, we wish you a healthy and festive holiday!
—Aileen Lalor, Culture Editor at Flipboard, is curating Holiday Central