Kick Off Summer with our #FlipTravel Chat Series
Jenn de la Vega / June 19, 2017
We’re ringing in the summer season on Thursday, June 22, with the first of three travel themed Twitter chats. Joining us on all of these virtual trips is Travel + Leisure, whose mission is to capture the pure joy of discovering the pleasures the world has to offer—from art and design, to shopping and style, to food and wine.
Save the dates for our summer #FlipTravel series:
- Thursday, 6/22/2017 at 12PM PT/3PM ET: Summer Weekends: Think road trips, short getaways, and staycations.
- Thursday, 7/20/2017 at 12PM PT/3PM ET: Summer Escapes: Far-flung, fantasy destinations, relaxation, and retreats, oh my!
- Thursday, 8/17/2017 at 12PM PT/3PM ET: Summer Adventures: Find your next adventure and explore the great outdoors.To participate, meet us on Twitter and search for the hashtag #FlipTravel on Thursday, June 22 at 12PM PT/3pm ET.
We’ll post questions beginning with Q1, Q2 and so on. Tweet your answers with A1, A2 or the corresponding number. Make sure to include the hashtag #FlipTravel so everyone can see your post.
Prepare your favorite destination magazines, topics and packing tips to share. To start, here are a few magazines and topics to get you dreaming about your next trip:
- Weekend Travel Guides by Gear Patrol:If you only have three days in a given city, or you’re looking for something great to do (or bring with you), look no further.
- Have Wine? Will Travel by Tawanna B. Smith: Winery tours and tastings are a great option for short weekend getaways. Flipboard Super Curator Tawanna B. Smith will also be joining our chat. Be sure to say hi!
- Train Travel by Points & Travel: Locomotives are a great way to see the country without renting a car or even booking a hotel. Flipboard Super Curator Cacinda Maloney will be joining the chat, too!
- Road Trips (Topic): Pile into the car and flip for these roadside attractions, diners, and national parks.
- Staycations (Topic): You don’t even have to leave your hometown to get a break. Relax with spas, hotel resorts and get away from the daily grind (just for a little bit!).
ProTip: if you want to combine all of these sources for a nonstop feed of weekend travel ideas, create a custom Smart Magazine.
See you online!