What’s On? The Gift of Flipboard for TV & Movie Buffs
insideflipboard / December 19, 2015
Clock out and tune in: if you haven’t had time to catch up on your favorite shows, the holidays are a perfectly acceptable time to binge watch whatever you missed. But where to begin? With the Gift of Flipboard for TV & Movie Buffs. From Game of Thrones to Star Wars, we’ve put the best shows and movies into one big flippable package for your viewing pleasure. Forget the remote, check out some of our programming:
- Entertainment Weekly: Like a “cool, cultivated friend” with plenty of pop culture knowledge, EW is always current with what’s fresh and interesting in TV and movies.
- Netflix Binge Watching: There’s no shame in spending an entire day watching a year’s worth of TV, right? Of course not. If you’ve already burned through your favorite shows, read this magazine to find what’s new on Netflix.
- A.V. Club: Where most magazines devote a couple columns to film or TV, the A.V. Club is purely focused on pop culture: movies, TV shows, documentaries, podcasts, games—if there’s something to see or hear, the A.V. Club is writing about it here.
- Cinephile: Look, we loved Siskel & Ebert. But these days, we can watch almost anything from almost anywhere—which means we need more than a handful of weekly recommendations. This magazine showcases several movies each day, with trailers, reviews and interviews to help you decide what’s worth your precious viewing time.
- Word and Film: The medium—TV or movies—doesn’t matter. A great story does. Working at the “intersection of books, movies and TV,” Word and Film susses out brilliant storytelling that’s entertaining on any device—including the written word.
- Clips From Hulu: For sneak peaks as well as current episodes of your favorite shows, Hulu is the way to go. Here’s what’s new.
- Star Wars: In just one day, Star Wars sold more tickets than the year’s biggest movies–so it’s kind of a big deal. But why? And what’s next? Find out what keeps the franchise going here.